Spring is HERE! It is time for us to put those coats and cardigans awayand bring out those dresses and tanks. I have the luxury of having two closets. (Still not enough… but better than one.) One in my room, where I keep the current season’s wardrobe, and another where I store off season clothing. As I start my transition into switching out this season’s clothing, I find that this is the perfect time to do a little spring cleaning. As hard as it is to let go of that beautiful, plaid button down shirt from 9th grade that you promise yourself you’ll wear it again, letting go of it makes it so much easier to fit your new, improved items into your closet.
Here is the Tiaras&Tacos ultimate guide on what to keep, donate, or toss.
5 Simple Questions to ask yourself when cleaning out your closet:
- Have I worn this in the last 12 months? – Okay, quit lying to yourself and saying you will wear all these things you haven’t worn in years… you don’t love it on you or you would’ve already worn it again. Toss these items to make room for some new stuff this season!
- Will I wear this again? – I am guilty of a very serious crime… Boredom Shopping. This crime empties my wallet and adds a whole bunch of “blah” to my wardrobe. Although sometimes I find some good stuffs, other times I am just settling buying a bunch of mediocre items. Do yourself a favor and give these items to a friend or donate them. When it comes to men and fashion, we never settle… we wait for perfection.
- Is it still in good condition?– I know you love that black cardigan that goes with EVERYTHING, but you’re lying to yourself when you say you you can’t see those fuzzies and imperfections. Let it go, let it go, let it gooooo!
- Will you miss it?… in 5 years?– Yes, the initial let go is tough, but I promise you will survive. If you won’t, and it has some sort of sentimental value or memory attached to it, keep it. In a box. Stored away.
- Does it fit?– I am sorry you’re not a size 00 anymore… you will never fit into those jeans. Quit trying to squeeze into them. It’s not happening. Toss. Toss NOW!
Do you have any other tips that help with cleaning out your closet? Comment below!